My name is Jason Hendardy
I am a video director / content creator / photographer from Oakland, California, who's drawn to a good story. Fascinated by the unique, unexpected and weird, I believe a well told story can be inspiring and motivational. I root for the underdog but also think the villain is equally as interesting.
I am a sucker for good food, music, books, and traveling. I grew up skateboarding, touring in bands and making home movies. In the past I ran a vinyl based record label called Loglady Records and was part of an art collective called Drone Dungeon.
I am available for freelance work.
Selected Client List:
ChefsFeed, Eater, Good Eggs, eBay, Microsoft, Nosh, Recode, Vox Media, Wieden+Kennedy
Books read in 2018
The list below is chronological with the top title being the most recently read.
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 - Literally fire x 5. Somewhat life changing. I'd suggest to anyone.
🔥🔥🔥🔥 - Prettttty, prettttttty good *Larry David voice*. Def read if you like the subject.
🔥🔥🔥 - Entertaining, interesting, and decent but don't expect to get your mind blown.
🔥🔥 - Only read if you got it for free and have the time.
🔥- So much regret. Why did I even finish this book?
- On Directing Film by David Mamet - 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
- I'd recommend this book to any creative person and not just filmmakers
- You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero - 🔥🔥🔥
- If you're looking for some motivation this book is exceptional
- Real World by Natsuo Kirino - 🔥🔥🔥
- Interesting story structure that takes place in modern Japan
- Making Movies by Sidney Lumet - 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- The process of making Hollywood movies
- Rebel Without A Crew by Robert Rodriguez - 🔥🔥🔥
- Diary entries about film/directing
- Armada by Ernest Cline - 🔥🔥🔥
- Apocalyptic sci-fi adventure
- Hunger Makes Me A Modern Girl by Carrie Brownstein - 🔥🔥🔥
- Music memoir
- Ready Player One: A Novel by Ernest Cline - 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Nerdy but entertaining adventure
- Body of Work: Finding the Thread that Ties Your Work Together by Pamela Slim - 🔥🔥
- Nothing new
- The White Album by Joan Didion - 🔥🔥🔥
- Compilation of essays with focus on CA in 60s/70s
- Zero To One: Notes on startups, or how to build the future by Peter Thiel - 🔥🔥
- Weird guy but some interesting ideas
- Travels by Michael Crichton- 🔥🔥🔥🔥
- Accounts from med school to making movies